Monday, February 2, 2009

God Calls Me as Full-time Pastor-Teacher

On February 2, 2009, God called me to Pastor the people of Mt. Calvary Baptist Church in Valdese, North Carolina. I echo the words of the Apostle Paul: "And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord who has enabled me, because He counted me faithful, putting me into ministry . . . . Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen" (1 Timothy 1:12, 17).
Although God called me to a public preaching ministry in January 1993, which has led to many sermons in different settings (e.g., church buildings, classrooms, a court room, and even a pharmaceutical company) and locations (e.g., NC, SC, GA, and NY), this is my first full-time ministry opportunity as Pastor-Teacher.
May God grant me heavenly wisdom (Jas. 3:17-18) as He leads me by His Spirit into shepherding His sheep (1 Peter 5:2-4) and "equipping the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ" (Eph. 4:11-12). Heavenly Father, glorify Yourself in and through me as you conform me even more into the image of Your unique Son, my Savior, Jesus Christ (cf. Romans 8:29).

No comments: