Tuesday, December 8, 2009

"More things are wrought by prayer than this world dreams of."

"If thou shouldst never see my face again,
Pray for my soul. More things are wrought by prayer
Than this world dreams of. Wherefore, let thy voice
Rise like a fountain for me night and day.
For what are men better than sheep or goats
That nourish a blind life within the brain,
If, knowing God, they lift not hands of prayer
Both for themselves and those who call them friend?"

From "Idylls of the King" by Alfred Lord Tennyson

2 comments:

Joe Fornear said...

I really like your blog, Pastor Glenn, with these classic poems and sonnets. I particularly like this Tennyson poem. It challenges me to realize how much more can be done thru prayer than busyness. Also what a privilege to be able to pray and have those prayers matter. Many blessings on you, your family and the ministry.

Unknown said...

Joe,

Thanks for your kind comment. I am glad that the Lord Jesus uses what I post to help others. May God continue blessing you and your family.